Today we honor father’s for all that they do for their family and their children.
A father should be the leader of the family. Their role is to provide, protect, guide, share wisdom, encourage and comfort.
As we celebrate father’s today, here are some Bible verses to encourage and bless you today:
• Genesis 18:19 – For I have chosen him, so that he will direct his children and his household after him to keep the way of the Lord by doing what is right and just, so that the Lord will bring about for Abraham what he has promised him.
• Ephesians 6:4 – Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.
• Proverbs 14:26 – Whoever fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for their children it will be a refuge.
• Proverbs 4:1 – Listen, my sons, to a father’s instruction; pay attention and gain understanding. I give you sound learning, so do not forsake my teaching. For I too was a son to my father, still tender, and cherished by my mother. Then he taught me, and he said to me, “Take hold of my words with all your heart; keep my commands, and you will live.
• Proverbs 22:6 – Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
• Proverbs 23:22 – Listen to your father, who gave you life, and do not despise your mother when she is old.
• Proverbs 23:24 – The father of a righteous child has great joy; a man who fathers a wise son rejoices in him.
• Psalm 127:3 – Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
• Matthew 6:8 – Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
• Luke 15:20 – So he got up and went to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.
• Joshua 24:15 – But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.
• Psalm 103:13 – As a father has compassion on his children, so the Lord has compassion on those who fear him.
• Colossians 3:21 – Parents, don’t come down too hard on your children or you’ll crush their spirits.
• Malachi 4:6 – He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse.
• Psalm 103:13 – As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him.
• 1 Thessalonians 2:11-12 – For you know that we dealt with each of you as a father deals with his own children, encouraging, comforting and urging you to live lives worthy of God, who calls you into his kingdom and glory.
• 1 Timothy 3:2-5 – Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not given to drunkenness, not violent but gentle, not quarrelsome, not a lover of money. He must manage his own family well and see that his children obey him, and he must do so in a manner worthy of full respect. (If anyone does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of God’s church?)
Wishing father’s a beautiful day full of blessings and love!
May you never forget that you are the first example to your children of a mans role. May you always seek to show them that men should be examples of love, integrity, protection and respect.
May you always seek to mirror the love of God to your families and children. May you submit to God and always allow him to guide and cover you in your role.
Growing with you,